Bits & Bytes – Springtime Strawberry & Ricotta Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup (½ stick) melted and cooled butter
- ½ cup cold water
- 1 cup washed, stemmed and chopped strawberries
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
Pre-heat oven to 375°.
- Spray muffin pans with non-stick spray.
- Sift all dry ingredients together into a large bowl.
- Add eggs, butter and water and stir gently only until the dry ingredients are almost all moistened.
- Add strawberries and ricotta and continue to mix gently until incorporated. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Spoon or scoop into prepared muffin pans, filing them about ¾ full.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes before removing from pan.
- Serve warm
Life should be about celebration. Why not keep the spirit of May Day alive in your family? Perhaps have your children make little paper baskets to fill with flowers and give to neighbors and friends on May Morning. Hang a spray of greenery festooned with ribbons on your door and have a family dinner comprised of delectable springtime dishes.
MacTek | 416 NE Greenwood Ave • Bend | 541.848.3103 | bendmactek.com