APRIL FOOL'S DAY - TACOS
A fun April Fool’s Day recipe for the Kids and the Adults!
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 4 to 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream
- 1 cup whipped topping
- Red, orange, and yellow M&M’s minis
- Using a pencil, draw two 3-in. circles on a sheet of parchment paper. Place paper, pencil mark side down, on a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the brown sugar, butter and honey until blended. Add flour; mix well (batter will be thick). Spread 1 tablespoon of batter over each circle.
- Bake at 350° for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes. Loosen each cookie and curl around a rolling pin to form a taco shell. Cool completely before removing to a wire rack. Repeat with remaining batter.
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine water and food coloring; add coconut. Seal bag and shake to tint. Fill taco shells with ice cream; garnish with whipped topping, coconut and M&M’s.
1 each: 281 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 95mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.