Here are some useful keyboard shortcuts that most people do not know about. I got these tips from the huff post article. Now if I can only remember them!
1. If your boss walks by while you’re reading this article, press…
COMMAND + W
Command + W quickly closes the current tab on your web browser, which is helpful if you’re trying to sneak in a cat video (or worse) at work.
2. If your boss walks by and basically everything you’re reading is incriminating, press…
COMMAND + H
Command + H hides the current application and all of its windows. Because, let’s face it, sometimes more than one tab can be incriminating.
3. To become a tab-scrolling expert, press..
COMMAND + 1 (and so on)
Command + a number helps you easily scroll through the respective tabs in your web browser, so you can quickly see what you need and, more importantly, click out of what you don’t.
4. If you’re kind of picky about your computer volume, press…
OPTION + SHIFT + F11
OPTION + SHIFT + F12
Option+Shift+F11+F12 will lower or raise the volume in smaller increments than the typical volume symbols. WHO KNEW?
5. If you don’t want to watch the entire hour-long YouTube video of your niece’s dance recital, press…
1, 2, 3 (and so on)
1, 2, 3 will advance the video to 10 percent completion, 20 percent completion, 30 percent completion, respectively (and so on and so forth). Take that, little niece.
6. If you frequently write words like “antidisestablishmentarianism,” press…
OPTION + DELETE
7. If your vocabulary isn’t quite as advanced, try…
CONTROL + COMMAND + D
Control+Command+D will define any highlighted word. Look at you, all literate now!
8. If formatting copied text drives you insane, try…
CONTROL + COMMAND+V
Control+Command+V pastes your copied text without including its formatting. Your formatting problems have now been disappeared.
9. If the feeling of the sun on your face has been permanently replaced with the feeling of your retina display on your face, try…
CONTROL + OPTION + COMMAND + EJECT
Control+Option+Command+Eject quickly shuts down your computer so you can get outside, you crazy, pasty kid! No, but seriously, go the heck outside.